Saturday 27 February 2016

THE GAME AT THE SALOON


So, I was about to get my hair cut the other day, well, not exactly cut, styled actually, I'm a huge fan of hairstyles, but I'm not talking about hairstyles, I want to talk about something that happened in the saloon.

There's this game we all like to play,
No! It's not PES,
and No! It's not GTA Lol.
 Do u remember "If I give you 1billion naira now, what will you do with it"?
Oh, I know u do, that's the game, it's fun and quite "dreamy" and we all seem to always have great answers to it, I once said I'll buy _____ wait! I don't have to tell you that, it wasn't embarrassing then though, hehehe.

At the saloon, it was a more realistic version of the game, the question was....... "If you were married with kids and got offered a job that will pay you 1million naira monthly but you have to travel out of the country for the job and at that moment without getting a chance to say goodbye to your wife and kids, will you take it"? ........Well, don't answer that, or you can, please do, some guys in there said they'd turn it down, they were considered as.... What's the word I'm looking for here, well, let's use "words", they were considered as "being too weak to pursue goals", while those that said they'd take the jobs were quickly called the "brave" ones and were considered as those likely to "make it" big in life.

I had my thoughts, I always do, but I couldn't share it there, they were having so much fun and I didn't want to ruin it.
A job that pays you 1million naira monthly? That's great, and it's totally okay to want that, but, what is the right question to ask?
Is it if we would take the job if offered us with those difficult "terms and conditions"?
or why we would even be offered such jobs?

 I want that too, actually, way more than that, but, it's not about being "brave" enough to leave "things" behind for it, it's about being "good" enough for it. There is a very simple way to get that,,, You just have to have a value you can offer that will be worth someone paying you 1million naira monthly for. Yes! It's that easy. So, let's get back to your answer if you answered, I'm guessing you screamed "YESSS", I'll take the job and that is okay, but honestly, what exactly do you think you would be offering "this person" "firm" that will be worth them paying you 1million naira monthly for???
Let me tell you this, the moment you can answer this question, you can have that job, seriously (if na lie, make I eat eba with my hand Lol).

We all seem to know that money is an exchange for value but do we really believe that? I mean, do we really? I can't quote the exact year we (humans) started printing and using money, but I can tell you for sure, there has never been a time that we have stopped printing money, and there has never been a time these moneys were gathered and destroyed, these moneys are all out there, not laying in the streets, not hanging on trees, but with people, the wealthy people.
I'm sorry to inform you that the world is no longer as nice as I we were told it once was, so, these wealthy people aint giving out no moneys, but, they spend their moneys, they buy things, what do they buy? They buys values! And that's how these moneys go round, if you're not stealing it, you'll never have money, unless you're in the chain of offering and buying values or significantly between it.
If you want 1million naira from aliko dangote, just offer him a value (product or service) he can pay you 1million for, if u're great at painting, offer him a piece he likes and collect the money you want, but here's a twist, he might not pay you 1million naira for a piece of your work if he's not a fan, but maybe bill gates will if he is a fan.

 Everything you can do is a value, we are all different, and in a world of billions of people, there must be atleast some 10million individuals out there who are seriously in need of what u can do, package that thing as a value (product or service) and offer them that for money. If I don't want the value you're offering, it's doesn't make it any less a value, I simply don't understand or need it, all you have to do is look for those who understand and need it, and not feel bad, or quit.

 Let me end by saying, I think that game is really fun actually, so, lets change the questions a little bit to questions like, "If bill gates comes to nigeria and meets you, why will he give you 1billion naira"??? Right? Hehehe, c'mon, it's still fun, I think so. Keep dreaming, and ask the right questions, there's a way to every destination.

Thanks, Warm Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment