Saturday 27 February 2016

OLAJUMOKE!


I'll be looking at "OLAJUMOKE" as a concept, and the story it is. I'm sure we all know her (Olajumoke), the fortunate bread seller that crashed renowned photographer and songwriter's photo shot with Nigerian international artiste tinie tempah and got picked as a model and has subsequently attracted massive attention to her person and her very young modelling career.

I love the story, I like the girl, but, I'm beginning to be a little concerned about the effects the story is having on people (youths mostly).
whenever I come across another scene or step or stage in the olajumoke story, I see possibilities, but that's not what these youths see, and that's why I'm concerned.
I have read a lot of comments on popular blogs under every "olajumoke" related post or story, over 80% of the comments say
"God, send me my ty bello"
"God, let me crash my own photo shot of glory"
"God, let my helper locate me". Wait! Wait! Wait! Wait a second, before u crucify me, I aint saying any of those comments is wrong, I'm saying that I have been nigerian and in nigeria long enough to know that if someone made any of those statements, they're probably just somewhere praying harder, or attending more church services, or sowing bigger seeds, or calling their pastors more often for prayers and prophecies, or buying anointing oil and mustard seed Lol.

Okay, look at it this way, Take "Olajumoke" away, anybody could have crashed that photo shot and I'm very sure she wasn't even the only person that crashed that particular photo shot considering our environment, so, why was she picked??? God's grace? No! God's grace is equal for every human because he is fair, God's grace is that she (Olajumoke) was alive up to that time, same as over a million other nigerian models, God's grace was providing that photo shot, these things were his (God's) grace because it was available to every one, whatever happened after these was simply "preparedness meeting opportunity", if olajumoke was fat, she would never be picked, if she was roughly dressed, she would never be picked, if she didn't look cheerful, she would never be picked, if she didn't see that as a opportunity and was sceptical or reluctant, we would never hear about her, so, she was picked simply because she was a "model" in the making, and that event was just her being discovered.

Nothing, I repeat, Nothing just happens, nobody gets offered anything they haven't atleast made an effort to deserve, pray from now to the next ten years, you'll never be the "olajumoke" in your field of interest, unless u have somewhat become that "model" that is only waiting to be discovered, do what u got to do, you don't have to see the entire stairs before u start climbing, and you u can only be lifted up if u raise your hands and call out for it. And to answer the other questions in your mind, you mean the number of brands that have gotten involved right??? you think it's God sending them to uplift her??? Lol, they are not doing her a favour, as a matter of fact, she might be doing them a favour if she's charging less than any professional model would for endorsing their brands, brands only endorsement "people" that can increase their value, and I can say that every brand that has gotten involved have seen an increase in their popularity and patronage as the said girl (olajumoke) was really just a diamond in the rough that has now been beat to glitter.

And CNN doesn't run charity stories, if she (CNN) knows people won't be interested in it, she would not run it, these are just things that happen when you become a success story, people get involved, tinie tempah was quite reluctant at first but seeing what has happened, he had to tweet her story, and gain from it.

So friends, believe me, God has given you absolutely everything you need to thrive, and every day you wake up is just another chance to use all of those potentials, it's quite selfish to want more.

Do the right work, recognise the right opportunities and take advantage of them.

Thanks, Warm Regards.

No comments:

Post a Comment